I leave in 13 days and I’m not going to be ready. Shit.
- Grandma: Oh look, it's [your ex]! She's so pretty!
- Me: Yeah, thanks grandma.. She hates me, thanks for reminding me.
I wonder sometimes how you’re doing,
hoping that you’re okay.
Now I feel bad for wanting to know.
I shouldn’t feel bad for caring about someone,
but you’ve made it a horrible thing for me to do.
- student: hey government can I have some money to go to university
- uk government: sure here you go. you'll have to pay it back but only when you're earning £21,000+ a year, and if you don't pay it off after 30 years we'll just write it off, don't worry about it man
- scottish government: nah man just go to uni we ain't gonna charge you
- us government: no. you gotta pay it yourself. upfront. your parents have to save up from the moment you're born. good luck, fucker.
How to get into college in 1983: get good grades
How to get into college in 2013: get good grades, speak six languages, be a rocket scientist, and end world hunger
How to pay for college 1983: Work part time and summers. Maybe take out minimal loans.
How to pay for college 2013: Which of your organs is the most valuable?
What to do with your degree in 1983: work in your field
What to do with your degree in 2013: cry
Yeah, fuck college